Emma is 10 years old, and has designed the Pantastic. When you have tried it, you will understand why the frying pan got its name. Here is why:
- Pantastic has two handles with heat protection to make it easier and safer to carry.
- One side is lower and tapered to make it easier to flip pancakes, hamburgers, and etc.
- It has a non-stick surface so food will not burn easily.
- Since a lot of people make eggs, I “borrowed” Hellek’s egg cracker and included it on the side.
- Pantastic is light weight.
"I like to make food, and one of the problems I have with existing frying pans is that it is very difficult to get underneath pancakes or hamburgers to flip them. I tried different ways of solving the problem, and the smartest was a lower side wall so that I can get the turner in and under more easily. When we were testing products with the test pilots they were having problems operating heavy frying pans with one handle. Because of that, I made Pantastic light weight, with two handles so it is easy to move around.
I also borrowed Hellek’s egg cracker since a lot of peole like to make eggs in the frying pan. I am really happy with the name I came up with for the product. It is a pan and it is fantastic – so it just naturally became Pantastic. It was really fun to negotiate with the factory making the frying pan. I speak a little Chinese and I think it impressed them and helped us to get a better price. I also really liked to make the packaging for the product. It was very fun and I could use my creativity.
I liked to be part of a team and seeing all the others working on their products. I think the other designers did really well and that all the products turned out great."
- 28 cm
- Non-stick coating
- Silicon handles
- Can be used on all cook tops (including induction)